Cherish the moment
Our church had a mother /daughter tea this Saturday . It was the most wonderful tea ! Hope and i got dressed up and went to spend some much needed fellowship time with each other and the wonderful women and girls of our church! I hope to soon blog the things about the this church which have transformed our family, but back to the tea.
We had small chicken salad sandwiches , fruit, small cookies , scones , and many choices of teas, We both had peach tea , it was so special to have the nice tea cups and it be so elegant. Hope and I loved it.
They did some skits about ways to spend time with our daughters, Then our special speaker spoke about the thing that cant be taken from us and that is our heart connection with our daughters/children. It was inspiring to me and convicting i need to focus more on being like Mary and build my relationships with my children and others and less focused on being Martha. Heart to heart relationships are more important then perfectly clean houses and children that are smarter then Einstein. Those things need to be worked on also but in the end What really matters??
So Hope and I will have more tea times just talking and getting know each others hearts and i will spend more time talking to my son and know his heart and he mine.
And I will play the things they enjoy and they will do things i enjoy so we will have a real relationship!
1 comment:
This looks like soo much fun! I'd love to do that with my girls. Currently Danya, Glory, and I are doing a mother/daughter bible study. It's been neat.
Post a Comment