Cantrell and Hope

Cantrell and Hope
My three blessings from the Lord

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Patience and trust

Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. (Hebrews 11:1 NKJV)

Tomorrow we will have been here a week! We are having good family time.
But on the adoption front I'm having a hard time not worrying and thinking about the what if's . I wonder how to guard my heart but trust God in all things?

Then I think and pray and remember all the things God has done here is what God has done ( atleast what I can think of)
He saved this baby from abortion.
He had us start the adoption process long ago.
He has and is teaching perservence .
God gave us a church family that truly love us and sacrificed time, money, stuff, comfort ,and much much more.
We were blessed with half of the money we needed for the cost of thetravel/ lawyer fees he used our fabulous church family to put together a epic yard sale to make that happen.
He gifted me with a round bassinet .
He moved mountains like Steven not having to be present for the adoption.
The timing of things were all perfect timing. Even to the fact we got to the airport early but it was needed for us to get through and I wasn't stressed because we were early.
God allowed our car tags to come in right before I left even though I had procrastinated .
There is so much more but that's what I can recall, God is faithful , patient, loving and so good!!

So I am daily or even hourly reminding myself to just trust and obey the Lord and be patient and reflect on what he has already done!!

The picture is a Kansas sunset! It was so pretty and Gods glory shown greatly!!

1 comment:

Jess said...

Accepting God's will is the hardest thing ever, but being patient while you wait to find out what His will is would come a close second.

We've been experiencing that in the opposite direction just lately, waiting to see if He was going to take our two girls away. Unfortunately, we have to say good-bye to them in a few days. Now comes the acceptance part, but it's not any harder than the first time four years ago.

We are hoping the best for you!