We have also been studying Creation, my wonderful mother has made these felt books of the days of creation with felt pieces to create the scene for each day. WE love it, they kids have so much fun trying to see if they know what goes for each day.
My mother makes my life so much easier, she makes all kinds of things and if ask she will find it or make for me. I am so blessed. What a treasure i have in her. I love you mom! THANK YOU!
We are trying to finish up some books and subjects, we will probably be doing school through all of June then break for July. then start back in August.
Recently I was able to her a wonderful couple who has 14 children and has homeschooled them from start to finish. The Boyer family. thelearningparent.com
I got so much out of this weekend seminar , but the biggest thing i got was how important Scripture memorization was for our family and how it should be our focus and all else will fall into place. and they are so right. I knew it was important but the focus is different now.
WE have focused more on scripture memory and character training and both kids have just blossomed. Cantrell now enjoys reading more , his favorite thing to read is the bible, Hope to is retaining more. It is so wonderful to see our children grow in the Lord and succeed at school.
2 comments:
I need a 'like button' on blogs now too. That is cool. Love how you are working on the scriptures. Going to try to remember to get pillowcases....Glenda
Have you heard of the NIrV bibles? They are written for young readers, but they are very close to the standard NIV text. We've gotten these bibles for both Gloria, Danya, and Brianna. There are lots of different ones to choose from, all with the same text. Danya has the adventure bible and Glory has the Superheroes of the Faith one. I bet Cantrell would love that one.
Post a Comment